Groups can contain text objects that are variables. The word $SCALE in a text object is the variable for the drawing scale. When TPC sees a variable it recognizes, it replaces the variable with the appropriate text.
Variables are used in title blocks, scale bars and other objects that you want to reuse with minor changes.
Variables are preceded by either the $ or the % symbols. The $ symbol tells TPC to update the variable each time the drawing is regenerated. You would use this symbol with the drawing scale to keep the displayed scale current.
The % symbol is used primarily with blocks and tells TPC to update the variable only when the block is inserted. You might use the % symbol to insert the drawing date in a title block. Once the date is inserted, it doesn't change.
The following variables are supported:
- SCALE - current drawing scale.
- SCALE2, SCALE3, SCALE4, SCALE8 - current drawing scale x 2, 3, 4 & 8 repectively
- SCALE_2 - current drawing scale / 2..
- SCALEPERINCH - units per inch based on the scale with the units per inch appended (i.e. 100 ft/in).
- FILENAME - survey filename without the path (i.e. JOB37.TRV).
- PATHNAME - survey filename with the path (i.e. C:\SURVEYS\00\00-37\JOB37.TRV).
- DRAWING - drawing name.
- JOB - survey job as entered in the survey information dialog.
- LOCATION - survey location as entered in the survey information dialog.
- CLIENT - survey client as entered in the survey information dialog.
- CLIENTADDRESS - survey clients address as entered in the
Survey information dialog.
- SURVEYNAME - survey name as entered in the survey information dialog.
- DATE - date.
- LICENSE - the license information you enter in the program settings dialog, Miscellaneous page.
- YEAR - year
- SURVEYOR - surveyor as entered in the Surveyor dialog.
- LICENSE - surveyor's license number as entered in the
- COMPANY - surveyor's company name as entered in the Surveyor
- ADDRESS - surveyor's company address as entered in the
- GRID - Coordinate Reference
System, zone and code selected from the Grid dialog.
- PROJECTON - projection type associated with this grid (i.e.
Lambert, UTM, etc).
- DATUM - ellipse data.
- DISTANCEFACTOR - distance factor entered in the Miscellaneous drawing settings
- THETA - Theta value entered in the Miscellaneous drawing settings dialog.
- DISTANCETYPE - A complete description of what distance type is being used. i.e.
Ground Distance (project elevation = 1,500')
- DIRECTIONTYPE - a complete description of what bearings/azimuths are being used
i.e. True Bearing (mean course convergence)
Editing a Block Reference
Using Blocks from Other CAD Programs
Storing Blocks in the Drawing
Converting Blocks to Groups
Grouping Drawing Objects
No CAD Zone Drawings
Using Drawing View
Smart Drawing Objects
Working with Drawing Objects
Personal, Premium, Professional