Surface Transect Command
A transect is a traverse, line, polyline, arc or spiral that crosses a contour object. TPC computes its intersections with the TIN edges of the contour, creating a profile of the contour along the transect. Transects are helpful in site analysis and design.
- Right click any contour line, label or TIN line generated by the contour (position the cursor of the line or label until the status line says ‘Contour Line’ or ‘Contour Label’).
- Choose Contour Tools | Create Transect.
- Following the command prompt on the status line, position the cursor over the object you want to transect and left click.
- In the Transect dialog, select an existing traverse to add the transect points to or create a new traverse. You can also specify a starting point label and description for the computed transect points.
- Choose OK. TPC computes the transect / contour intersections and inserts them into the transect traverse.
Sorting a Transect
TPC attempts to sort the transect points to that they all go in one direction.
However, depending on the configuration of the surface, it may not get every
You can manually re-sort traverse
points if needed.
To View the Transect
- Double click the transect traverse in the Traverses Manager to open its Traverse View.
- Right click any blank spot on the Drawing View and choose
Profile Mode. You may also need to choose View | Zoom | Zoom Extents to see the transect.
For more information on editing and using breaklines, see Creating Transects from Contours.
Creating Cut Sheets from Surfaces