Entering Side shots
Changing the Point Type to Side Shot
- Press the down arrow key until a new point is added to the traverse.
- If you are using a range of point numbers for side shots, like 100 and above, highlight the Pt field and type the first number in the sequence and press [Enter]. Choose [X] Use next available unused point number.
- Choose Type | SS=Sideshot or press [F10]. TPC displays an SS in the Type field. You can also change to a sideshot point type by choosing Type | SS=Side Shot.
- Enter the data for the side shot. TPC will advance to the next point when you have entered all the data in the Edit Sequence. Notice that the point type (SS) is repeated along with the description and target height and that the pointís number is incremented by 1. This makes it easy to take several side shots in sequence.
Entering Another Side Shot
- Enter the data for the next side shot.
- Edit the target height and description if they have changed.
- TPC will advance to the next point when you have entered all the data in the Edit Sequence.
Canceling Side Shot Mode
- If you are using a range of point numbers for control points, like 1 to 99, highlight the point field, type the first number in the sequence and press [Enter]. Press [U] to use the next available point number greater than the number you entered.
- Highlight the point and choose Type | Occupied (or press [Ctrl] + [F10]). The record type changes from sideshot to occupied/foresight.
Personal, Premium, Professional
Entering Traverse Data
Entering Point Labels and Descriptions
Carrying Elevations in a Traverse
Using Data Sets
Recomputing a Traverse
Inserting Traverse Points